Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Chattanooga Employment Immigration Lawyer

Chattanooga Employment Immigration Lawyer

Employment Immigration Lawyers Assisting Clients in Chattanooga, Tennessee

If you are planning to come to the United States in order to work, it is essential to learn more about different visa options for entering and working in the country. The type of visa you will need to seek will depend upon your particular circumstances and whether you are seeking entry to the U.S. as a temporary worker, a permanent worker, or as a temporary visitor for business purposes. No matter what type of employment situation is bringing you to the United States, an experienced Chattanooga employment immigration lawyer can provide you with more information about your options and can help you to seek the specific type of visa you need to be in compliance with U.S. immigration law.

Chattanooga Visas for Temporary Nonimmigrant Workers

In order to work temporarily in the United States, your employer in the United States will need to file a nonimmigrant petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf, and your spouse and any dependent children may also be eligible for visas to join you. There are many different types of visas for temporary workers, including but not limited to the following:

  • E-1 Visa for treaty traders and qualified employees;
  • E-2 Visa for treaty investors and qualified employees;
  • E-2C Visa for certain types of long-term foreign investors;
  • E-3 Visas for “specialty occupation” workers from Australia;
  • H-1B Visa for “specialty occupation” workers from other countries (which can include H-1B1 for Free Trade Agreement workers from Chile or Singapore, H-1B2 for Department of Defense workers, and H-1B3 for fashion models);
  • H-1C Visa for registered nurses coming to work as a result of health professional shortages;
  • H-2A Visa for seasonal agricultural workers;
  • H-2B Visa for temporary non-agricultural workers;
  • H-3 Visa for trainees who are not medical or academic;
  • I Visa for representatives of foreign press, radio, film or media;
  • L-1A Visa for an intracompany transfer of a manager or executive;
  • L-1B Visa for an intracompany transfer of a worker with specialized knowledge;
  • P-1A Visa for an internationally recognized athlete;
  • P-1B Visa for an internationally recognized entertainer;
  • P-2 Visa for a performer;
  • P-3 Visa for an artist or entertainer; or
  • R-1 Visa for a religious worker.

There are additional types of temporary work visas that may apply to your situation, and you should seek advice from an employment immigration lawyer in Tennessee.

Permanent Immigrant Worker in Chattanooga

If you are seeking to come to the United States permanently for work, you will need to seek a different type of visa. In general, the following are available types of permanent worker visa categories:

  • EB-1 Visa for “persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational executives and managers”;
  • EB-2 Visa for members of professionals requiring advanced degrees or with exceptional abilities in the arts, sciences, or business;
  • EB-3 Visa for professionals and skilled workers;
  • EB-4 Visa for “special immigrants” such as religious workers or employees of U.S. foreign service posts; and
  • EB-5 Visa for certain types of business investors.

Contact a Chattanooga Employment Immigration Lawyer

If you need assistance coming to the U.S. to work, one of our Chicago employment immigration lawyers can help. Contact Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. to learn more.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn