Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Tifton Family Immigration Lawyer

Tifton Family Immigration Lawyer

Family-based immigration is the way most immigrants come to the U.S. That doesn’t mean the process is simple or easy to accomplish, though. Quotas get rapidly filled each year, and the government establishes preferences for different types of family members depending on what region of the world they are emigrating from. Families sometimes wait for years to be finally reunited and ready to make a home together in the United States. Shirazi Immigration Law can help with all of that. From our office in Moultrie, we can help you with your relative visa or fiancé(e) visa or other family immigration matters such as marriage, divorce, U visas and VAWA petitions. If you have family immigration legal needs, call Shirazi Immigration Law at 229-520-8875 for a consultation to find out how our Tifton family immigration lawyers can help you.

Spouse and Relative Visas in Tifton

K visas can be used to bring over your spouse and children if you are here in the United States but they are not. The government issues K-3 visas for spouses and K-4 visas for unmarried children under the age of 21.

This process for bringing family members into the country requires the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. This application can be used for your spouse and minor children as well as adult married children. You can even bring your siblings and parents over on an I-130 petition. You’ll need to prove the familial relationship and meet a number of other requirements. We can help you determine which of your family members are eligible and help you put together a solid application that proves their eligibility and qualifications for immigration.

Fiancé(e) Visas in Tifton

Through a K-1 visa, you can bring over a prospective spouse for the purpose of marriage. Like K-2 and k-3 visas, the K-1 is a “nonimmigrant” visa, but once here you can apply for lawful permanent resident status (aka Green Card) through an adjustment of status proceeding. As an LPR Green Card holder, your family can live and work permanently in the U.S.

Obtaining a K-1 visa requires completing an I-129 Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Once your betrothed gets here, you should get married within 90 days to stay in legal compliance. If your fiancé(e) has children, you can bring them too with a K-2 derivative visa. Shirazi Immigration Law can help you prepare a solid application to get your petition approved swiftly.

Immigration Marriage and Divorce Issues

Marriage to a U.S. citizen is one pathway to citizenship for Green Card holders. The permanent resident can apply for naturalization after being married for just three years. See our page on naturalization to learn about the other eligibility criteria involved, or call our Moultrie immigration office at 229-520-8875 for answers to your specific questions.

Divorce rates are high in America (about 50%), and they affect immigrants as well as everybody else. Immigrants whose immigration status depends on their marital status may have additional concerns when faced with the prospect of divorce. We can help you understand your position regarding possible deportation if you get divorced. If eligible, we can help you stay in the country even after divorce through an I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residency.

Domestic Violence and Immigration Law

If you’ve been the victim of family violence, domestic violence, or spousal abuse in your home country, U.S. immigration law can help you come to America on a U visa. Once here, we can help you apply for a Green Card through an adjustment of status. Immigration under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is another pathway to lawful permanent residence, even without an adjustment of status proceeding.

Start, Grow or Reunite Your Family With the Help of a Caring and Compassionate Tifton Family Immigration Lawyer

For all family immigration issues in Tifton, call Shirazi Immigration Law at 229-520-8875 for a consultation. We’ll take the time to understand your needs, explore your options, and let you know how we can help.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn