Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Tifton Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

Tifton Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

Many people immigrate to the U.S. for the purpose of making a permanent home here. Others come only temporarily, such as for business or education reasons, tourism, etc. Still others come over temporarily but then make the decision to stay on as a permanent resident. All of these things are possible, and the Tifton immigration lawyers at Shirazi Immigration Law can help. Call our office to discuss your immigration plans, and we’ll direct you to the appropriate immigrant or non-immigrant visa that is right for you.

What Is a Non-Immigrant Visa?

Non-immigrant visas are visas that are granted for temporary duration for a specific purpose; they are not intended to allow people to live and work permanently in the U.S. or become U.S. citizens. However, while you are here on a non-immigrant visa, you can sometimes apply for an adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence, obtain a Green Card, and even apply for citizenship through naturalization. At the Moultrie immigration law office of Shirazi Immigration Law, we can help you with all of these matters.

U.S. immigration law offers dozens of non-immigrant visas. Listed below are just some of these visas. Every visa category has its own eligibility requirements and criteria that must be met. Call our office in Moultrie to apply for one of these visas or to see if you are eligible for an adjustment of status.

  • B-1 – Amateur or professional athlete competing for prize money
  • B-1 – Business visitor exploring business opportunities or promoting a business venture
  • B-1 – Domestic employee or nanny accompanying a foreign national employer
  • B-2 – Visitor for medical treatment
  • B-2 – Visitor for pleasure, vacation, tourism
  • C – Transiting the United States
  • E – Treaty trader
  • E- Treaty investor
  • F – Academic student
  • H-1B – Worker in a specialty occupation in a field requiring highly specialized knowledge
  • H-2A – Temporary agricultural worker
  • H-2B – Temporary worker performing other services or labor of a temporary or seasonal nature
  • J – Exchange visitor
  • J – Au Pair exchange visitor
  • J – Visiting professor, scholar or teacher on exchange
  • L – Intra-company transferee
  • M – Vocational student
  • O – Foreign national with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics
  • P – Performing athlete, artist or entertainer
  • Q – International cultural exchange visitor
  • R – Religious worker
  • T – Victim of human trafficking
  • TN/TD – NAFTA professional worker from Mexico or Canada
  • U – Victim of criminal activity
  • V – Spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident

Shirazi Immigration Law in Moultrie Can Make Sure You Immigrate Correctly

U.S. immigration officials are sometimes wary of people who might overstay their visas or who only pretend to be visiting temporarily but truly intend to make a permanent home here. Shirazi Immigration Law can help you prepare your petition and understand what evidence and documentation you may need to provide for a successful application. For instance:

Student visas – Students must prove they have the money to pay for school and their living expenses. Students can bring their families with them and work in their fields during schooling and after graduation.

Business visas – Businesspeople must identify the nature of their business and the length of time they need to conduct their business. They must convincingly demonstrate an intention to return to their home country.

Tourist visas – Be prepared to explain the nature of your visit, how long you intend to stay, that you have enough money for your trip, and that you have a permanent residence abroad that you intend to return to.

Treaty traders and investors – Demonstrate that you are coming for significant trade or investment purposes, preferably including job creation in an economically distressed area.

Help With Non-Immigrant Visas in Tifton

For help with a non-immigrant visa and related issues, call Shirazi Immigration Law in Moultrie at 229-520-8875 for a consultation with a skilled and knowledgeable immigration lawyer.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn