Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Moultrie Immigration Lawyer

Moultrie Immigration Lawyer

Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. provides cost-effective and confidential representation for those looking to immigrate to the United States or apply for a visa. Our Moultrie immigration lawyers understand that the stakes can be quite high when navigating the U.S. immigration system. We also understand that there are dangers to coming forward for asylum seekers and those under Temporary Protected Status. As your immigration advisor, we can assure you that anything you tell us will be kept confidential. In this article, we’ll broadly discuss the types of services we offer.

Family immigration for green card holders and U.S. citizens

Those who already reside in the U.S. legally as naturalized U.S. citizens have an easier road to bringing family over from abroad. Green card holders and U.S. citizens can sponsor family members abroad and get expedited status on their applications.

Often, applicants will receive K-visas or V-visas. These visas allow foreign spouses, finances, and children to enter the U.S. legally while they are awaiting green cards. These are temporary visas issued to family members while they are awaiting green cards. A third option involves foreign national spouse visas for spouses who are already married but still reside abroad. K-1 visas are for fiancees. K-4 visas are for children.

Deportation defense for undocumented aliens and green card holders

Even if you are not a lawful resident of the United States, you are entitled to a hearing before you are deported. There are a number of ways to fight deportation. These will depend on your current immigration status.

Those who are in the U.S. illegally can apply for asylum. You can either apply for asylum prior to a deportation order or use an asylum defense to fight a deportation order.

Alternatively, if you are a green card holder there are certain crimes that you can commit that would make you eligible for deportation.

The attorneys at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. have successfully defended clients from deportation or removal orders. For more information on deportation defense, reach out to us today.

Consular cases and waivers lawyer

You can apply for a green card while living abroad. You must find your nearest consulate or embassy. Consulates are easier to find and specialize in these sorts of applications. You will only find an embassy in your country’s capital whereas consulates can be found in any major city in your country.

In the event that your application is denied for cause, you may be able to appeal the decision with the help of a U.S. immigration lawyer. For that, you would need a waiver of inadmissibility. The attorneys at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. can help you through the process.

Representation for refugees and asylum seekers

The U.S. will offer a streamlined process to immigrate to the U.S. for those in certain types of political, social, or environmental danger. Those applying for either asylum or refugee status will need to show that they are persecuted in their home country based on their race, ethnicity, religion, political opinion, sex, or membership in a social group. They must be reasonably afraid of their own death, torture, or imprisonment based on protected status. LGBT individuals can qualify under these terms.

Asylum seekers, unlike refugees, come to the United States and stay here as undocumented immigrants. Some will apply for asylum immediately while others will stay here illegally and then argue against deportation based on their status as a persecuted minority. Regardless of what your status is, Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. offers confidential representation to asylum seekers who want to apply for a U.S. green card.

Non-immigrant visas

Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. helps foreign nationals acquire temporary visas to come into the United States and stay for any reason. This includes tourist visas, student visas, work visas, business visas, investor visas, cultural exchange visas, and family visas. Each visa has its own rules and requirements. The U.S. immigration lawyers at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. can help you apply for the correct visa, navigate the U.S. legal system, and ensure that you are complying with all relevant laws.

Citizenship and naturalization lawyer

Once you have resided in the U.S. as a green card holder for a specific period of time, you can apply to become a naturalized U.S. citizen. The government will require you to swear an oath of allegiance to the United States, pass a test on U.S. civics and history, and be in good standing with the law. The benefits of U.S. citizenship include voting rights, the ability to hold public office, an easier means to bring family to the U.S. from abroad, and it makes it nearly impossible to deport you.

BIA and federal courts litigation attorney

If you have received a deportation order or an adverse immigration judgment that affects you status, you will have the opportunity to appeal the decision with either the BIA (Bureau of Immigration Appeals) or the federal courts. Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc., will handle your defense and appeal and fight the removal or adverse ruling.

Temporary protected status lawyer

Individuals from certain countries may apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) in some situations. While it’s true that President Trump ended TPS status for some countries, the ruling had not gone into effect yet and applications from these countries are still being processed. Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc., can help you file for TPS status.

Crime victims immigration lawyer

Individuals who have been the victims of certain violent crimes including slavery, human trafficking, rape, torture, or kidnapping may be able to apply for a visa that will give them a full path to legal resident status. You will generally be asked to cooperate with the investigation, and you must be able to prove that going back to your home country would place you in further danger. Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. can help you file your application and advocate on your behalf during hearings.

Employment-based immigration lawyer

The U.S. offers opportunities to those who want to work or invest in the U.S. economy. You will have to meet certain requirements under these visas. Our attorneys can help you secure an E-1 or E-2 visa.

Talk to a Moultrie, GA U.S. Immigration Lawyer Today

Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. offers a broad spectrum of immigration services for those looking to live, visit, or work in the United States. Call today to discuss your needs and we can begin discussing your options immediately.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn