Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Moultrie Employment-Based Immigration Lawyer

Moultrie Employment-Based Immigration Lawyer

The U.S. allows foreign nationals to acquire visas to conduct commerce and trade in the United States. These visas are known as E-visas and are issued to residents of countries with whom the U.S. has an active trade agreement. For that reason, these visas are also known as treaty trading or treaty investing visas.

The Moultrie employment-based immigration lawyers at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. can help you through the process of acquiring an E-1 or E-2 visa from your nearest consulate and represent you throughout the process of coming to the U.S. Below, we’ll discuss E-1 and E-2 visas.

E-1 visas

The U.S. supports domestic investment and trade in a variety of ways. One of those ways is offering E-1 visas to those who have business interests in the United States. The visas are good for up to two years. The U.S. must maintain a treaty of commerce and navigation with your home country.

An E-1 applicant will need to show they are coming to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade or manage the operations of a business in which they are investing a substantial amount of capital. E-1 visa applications are turned in at your nearest U.S. consulate in your home country. Spouses and children are entitled to accompany an E-1 visa holder and may apply for employment authorization.

E-2 visas

E-2 visas are for treaty investors. Your home country must have an ongoing treaty with the U.S. The applicant will need to demonstrate their intention to invest in U.S. businesses or have already invested in U.S. businesses. Additionally, E-2 visa holders will need to establish that they own more than 50% of a proposed investment unless that individual is the employee of a business that owns more than 50%, in which case they can act as a representative of their company.

E-2 visa holders can remain in the U.S. for up to two years. Spouses and children under 21 can accompany them under E-2 status.

Talk to a Moultrie, GA Employment-Based Immigration Lawyer

The U.S. maintains an updated list of treaty countries here. For more information on applying for an E-1 or E-2 visa, please call Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. today to discuss your interests in more detail.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn