Tifton Citizenship & Naturalization Lawyer
Citizenship is more than just a point of pride or logical next step for immigrant visa holders. Naturalization gives you very real, tangible and valuable benefits as an American citizen. Shirazi Immigration Law can help you determine if you are eligible for naturalization and can walk you through every step, including filing your Form N-400 Application for Naturalization and preparing for your interview. Call 229-520-8875 or stop by our Tifton office to discuss eligibility for naturalization and how we can help you become a United States Citizen.
Why Seek Naturalization?
If you are already a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., you might wonder why you need to take the extra steps required to obtain citizenship. Well, despite its name, lawful permanent residence isn’t necessarily permanent. How long you can stay in the country depends on a number of factors and the government’s discretion. As a naturalized citizen, on the other hand, you don’t have to worry about ever being deported on any grounds. In addition, naturalized citizens enjoy many rights and benefits that are enjoyed by natural-born citizens but are not necessarily available to lawful permanent residents. These rights and privileges include:
- Being able to vote and participate fully in American government at the local, state and national levels
- Being able to apply for jobs that are only open to citizens of the U.S.
- Being able to bring members of your family into the U.S. faster than if you were a lawful permanent resident
- Gaining citizenship for your children born abroad through derivative citizenship or the Child Citizenship Act
How Can Your Tifton Immigration Law Office Help Me With Naturalization?
Citizenship through naturalization is not always an easy process. Many different factors play a role in whether or not your application for citizenship will be successful. All of the following, for instance, can be critical to a successful application for naturalization:
- Marital status
- Military service
- Length of presence in the U.S.
- Length of residence in the U.S.
- Length of time as a permanent resident
- Knowledge of English
- Knowledge of American civics
- Good moral character
In addition to the above, the following factors could work against you:
- Having an arrest record
- Failing to register for Selective Service
- Having a history of spending substantial time abroad
- Failing to prepare and file your income taxes
These factors can present obstacles to your naturalization application, but they are not necessarily fatal. You may still find it worthwhile to sit down and review your situation with an experienced immigration attorney. Shirazi Immigration Law provides a free initial consultation to its Tifton clients, so don’t hesitate to give us a call and see whether you might be a good candidate for becoming a naturalized citizen of the United States. We’ll take the time to go over the factors that work for you and against you, and we’ll let you know how we can help you on this journey.
Help With Citizenship and Naturalization in Tifton
For help with naturalization, call the Tifton law office of Shirazi Immigration Law at 229-520-8875 for a complimentary consultation regarding getting on a path toward citizenship and naturalization.