Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Dalton Employee Based Immigration Lawyer

Dalton Employee Based Immigration Lawyer

America has often been called the land of opportunity, and there is a reason for that. Foreign nationals who wish to enter the country for work have many options available to them. The law on employment-based immigration is extremely complex, though. Anyone who wishes to enter the United States for the purpose of employment should know the type of employment visa they must apply for, and the requirements associated with it. A Dalton employee-based immigration lawyer can advise you of the different options and give you the best chance of obtaining employment in the country.

Employment for Immigrants

It is not uncommon for individuals to want to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. These individuals must apply for lawful permanent resident status. Usually, employers must sponsor employees who choose this route. Employment visas for immigrants are capped, or limited, to a certain number each year and each type of visa has different requirements. The types of visas available are as follows:

  • EB-1: Foreign nationals who have extraordinary abilities can apply for an EB-1 visa and they do not need an employer to sponsor them. Researchers, multinational executives, and recognized professors fall into this category.
  • EB-2: Foreign nationals who have advanced degrees, such as a Masters or doctorate, can apply for an EB-2 visa.
  • EB-3: Professionals, skilled workers, and other types of workers can apply for an EB-3 visa.
  • EB-4: Current and former employees of the United States’ government, as well as religious workers, can apply for an EB-4 visa.
  • EB-5: Also known as investor visas, an EB-5 visa is available for individuals who want to enter the country with the intent of creating employment opportunities.

Employment for Non-Immigrants

Foreign nationals that want to enter the country to work on a temporary basis still have to first obtain a visa. The options for these visas include:

  • Treaty investor: Treaty investor visas require a treaty between the foreign national’s home country and the United States.
  • Treaty trader: A treaty trader visa allows a person to trade goods between entities in the United States and their home country. These visas also require a treaty between the two countries.
  • Foreign subsidiaries: These visas are available for people who work abroad and wish to work for a subsidiary of their company within the United States. These visas are valid between three to six years.
  • H1-B professionals: Employees who work in a specialty occupation can apply for an H1-B professional visa.
  • B professionals: These visas are available for people who only want to remain in the country for a short period of time, such as to attend a conference.
  • TN-professionals: Citizens of Mexico and Canada can apply for these visas if they want to work in the country for at least one year. These visas can be renewed.

Our Employee Based Immigration Lawyer in Dalton Can Advise on the Visa Right for You

Foreign nationals can come to the United States to realize the American Dream, but doing so is not easy. At Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc., our Dalton employee based immigration lawyer can advise you of your options and help you determine which one is right for you. Call us today at 404-523-3611 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn