Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Dalton Employment Based Immigration Lawyer

Dalton Employment Based Immigration Lawyer

Hundreds of thousands of people from across the globe vie for the opportunity to come to the United States and seek economic success. But there are a limited number of visas.  In any given fiscal year, there are only 140,000 employment based immigration visas available for this purpose, according to the Department of State. These are E-1, E-2, E-3, E-4, and E-5 visas, and the Dalton employment based immigration lawyers at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. can help you obtain one of these, which allows you to live and work in the U.S. for up to two years.

E-1 Visa—Priority Worker and Persons of Extraordinary Abilities

An E-1 visa is good for up to two years, and the applicant’s spouse and children can also apply to live and work in the U.S. if the applicant is accepted. There are three categories of workers who can apply for an E-1 visa:

  • Persons with extraordinary abilities—People in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics who have an “extraordinary ability” in their field can apply for an E-1 visa in this category. They must be able to hand over documentation that shows “sustained national or international acclaim and recognition in their fields of expertise.” They do not have to have a job offer if they are expected to continue working in their field of extraordinary ability.
  • Outstanding professors and researchers—Internationally recognized professors and researchers with at least three years of experience teaching and/or researching can apply under this category if they plan to “pursue tenure, tenure track teaching, or a comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.”
  • Multinational managers or executives—Managers and executives who have been employed by an overseas affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or branch of a U.S. employer for at least one of the past three years can apply under this category. They must have a job offer to work in a managing or executive position.

E-2 Visa—Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability

There are two types of categories for E-2 visas:

  • Professionals holding an advanced degree—The degree must be more advanced than a bacalaureat, or they must have a baccalaureate with at least five years of progressing experience in their profession.
  • People with exceptional abilities—These abilities can be in the arts, sciences, or business. “Exceptional” means that they have a degree of experience significantly above the average person in their field.

E-3, E-4, and E-5 Visas

There are three other categories for employment based immigration. These are reserved for skilled workers with baccalaureate degrees, ministers of religion, Iraqi translators, certain foreign medical students, and immigrant investors, to name a few.

  • E-3 visas—Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers;
  • E-4 Visas—Certain Special Immigrants; and
  • E-5 Visas—Immigrant Investors.

Contact the Dalton Employment Based Immigration Lawyers

There were over 29 million immigrants living and working in the U.S. in 2017, according to the Pew Research Center. You can join them by qualifying for an employment visa. To get started, you need to call the Dalton employment based immigration lawyers at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. Call us today at 404-523-3611 to schedule a consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn