Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Dalton Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

Dalton Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

Non-immigrant visas allow temporary entry to the U.S., while a green card (lawful permanent residence) allows an individual to work and live in the U.S. indefinitely. As such, non-immigrant visas are easier to obtain. Four million non-immigrant visas were granted in 2020, according to the U.S. Department of State, while just 439,000 were granted green card status, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Non-immigrant visas enable people to work in the U.S., go to school, seek medical treatment, conduct business, and go on vacation. This visa’s status determines the duration of your stay. The Dalton non-immigration visa lawyers at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. assist clients by identifying the correct type of visa to apply for, as well as filling out necessary paperwork and applications.

Student Visas

The United States has many of the best universities in the world. F-1 Student Visas are used by students wishing to go to school in the U.S. to advance their education, professional network, and careers. Students generally apply for F-1 Visas. Individuals seeking vocational training usually apply for M-1 status. In either case, the student must be admitted by a USCIS-approved school prior to applying for either of these visas. An F-2 status visa enables the student’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to join them in the U.S.

Visitor Visas

For shorter trips, particularly for tourism and business, you should consider applying for the Visa Waiver Program, which is an easy and effective way to travel to the U.S. for up to 90 days. A Visa Waiver is technically not a visa. It can be used by people who have been denied visas in the past, or are ineligible for visas currently.

Other Types of Visas

  • B-1 Visa—B-1 visas are used for business, including people who work in sales, board members, musicians, athletes, entertainers, and those working as servants to non-immigrants.
  • B-2 Visa—B-2 visas are used for tourism, to visit family or friends, and to seek medical treatment.
  • J-1 Visa—J-1 visas are used for educational and cultural exchange programs.
  • V-Visas—After three years of waiting for visa approval, a V-visa is used by the spouse and children of legal permanent residents.
  • K-3 and K-4 Visas—K-3 and K-4 Visas are used by spouses of U.S. citizens to gain entry for up to two years.
  • Q-1 Visa—Q-1 visas are used by people under 18 for international cultural exchange, including employment, history, culture, training, and employment.

Call Dalton Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

The visa application process is complex, as well as backlogged. An attorney can help you navigate the system and streamline your effort to gain entry into the U.S. for yourself or your loved ones. Knowing which visa to apply for is a big start, but it does not stop there. If you are serious about obtaining a visa, it is in your best interest to work with an accomplished non-immigrant visa lawyer. Contact the Dalton Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. today at 404-523-3611 to schedule a consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn