Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Atlanta Immigration Lawyer > Gainesville Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

Gainesville Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

Hiring an immigration lawyer is not just for people who are applying for permanent resident status or seeking asylum in the United States.  A Gainesville immigration lawyer can also help you with matters related to non-immigrant visas, such as if your non-immigrant visa was unfairly denied, or the Department of Homeland Security is accusing you of overstaying your visa.  If you are having trouble getting a non-immigrant visa or have legal questions about a non-immigrant visa you have already obtained, contact a Gainesville non-immigrant visa lawyer.

Can You Enter the United States Without a Visa?

The United States has agreements with more than 90 countries that enable citizens of these countries to enter the U.S. without a visa.  In order to enter the U.S. without a visa, you must enter with a passport that will remain valid for at least six months after the date of entry.  You must also show evidence that you have a return ticket booked 90 days or fewer after your arrival.  If you are planning to stay for more than 90 days, you will need to obtain a visa, even if you are from a country whose citizens can enter the U.S. without a visa for brief visits.

Visas for International Students and Their Families

If you are traveling to the United States to study at a university or language institute, you need an F-1 visa.  If you will be enrolling in a vocational institute, you will need an M-1 visa.  Students who apply to enter the U.S. on F-1 visas can obtain F-2 visas for their spouses and children; eligible children must be unmarried and below the age of 21.  F-1 students have the right to work in the context of their education before graduation and to obtain employment for a limited period after graduation.  When your F-1 status terminates because you graduate or leave your program of study, your spouse and children also lose their F-2 visa status.

Visitor Visas

You should apply for a B-2 visa if you are planning to enter the United States for a year or less, your country is not eligible for visa-less travel to the U.S., and the reason for your visit is not related to your work or studies.  You should also get this visa if your country is eligible for visa-less entry for brief visits, but you plan to spend between three and 12 months in the United States.  In other words, you need a B-2 visa if you are visiting the U.S. for tourism, to visit friends or relatives, or to undergo medical treatment.

Business Visas

B-1 visas are for people who are visiting the United States for business purposes.  These visas are available to people in a wide variety of professional fields, from business executives to professional athletes and entertainers.

Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyers in Gainesville, Georgia

Working with an immigration lawyer makes it easier to get your non-immigrant visa application approved. Contact Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. at our offices in Atlanta, Georgia to represent you in your refugee or asylum case.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn