Warner Robins Citizenship & Naturalization Lawyer
The US has welcomed millions of immigrants in their quest to become citizens and enjoy the opportunities this nation offers, but you might be surprised to learn how many call Georgia home. According to figures from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), around 3 percent of those approved for naturalization were residents of Georgia, ranking within the Top 10 among all US states. The road for those granted citizenship was a long one, at around 7 years to complete the process.
When you consider the process for becoming a fully naturalized US citizen, you know that having qualified legal representation is critical for every step along the way. Errors can cause delays and other unfavorable outcomes, so trust our team at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. to guide you. Please contact our firm to set up a consultation with a Warner Robins citizenship & naturalization lawyer, and check out some important background information.
US Citizenship Requirements and Benefits
The details will vary based upon your journey through the naturalization process, but there are some general criteria to note. Candidates for citizenship must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have lawful permanent resident (LPR) status for 5 years, or 3 years if married to a US citizen;
- Be continuously present in the US for 5 years AND physically present for at least 30 months of them;
- Not have a primary residence in another country;
- Demonstrate basic English language proficiency;
- Be knowledgeable about US history and government;
- Exhibit good moral character; and
- Be ready to swear an oath of allegiance to the US.
The benefits of citizenship make the challenging process worthwhile. Upon naturalization, you have voting rights and can run for elected office. You can also act as a sponsor to bring other family members into the country and obtain citizenship for children. Plus, once a citizen, you cannot be deported or removed under US immigration laws.
Legal Help with Naturalization
Becoming a citizen is a daunting process that requires you to accomplish certain tasks, while also meeting important deadlines and completing documentation. You can count on Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. to advise you, especially with determining eligibility. The continuous and physical presence requirements can cause issues if you do not understand how spending time outside the US impacts the process.
Our Georgia citizenship and naturalization attorneys are also ready to help with:
- Completing the Form N-400 Application for Naturalization;
- Collecting and preparing documents in support of your application;
- Advice on success with the language and civics tests;
- Counseling you for the naturalization interview with USCIS; and
- Addressing any issues or pitfalls.
Count on Our Warner Robins Citizenship and Naturalization Lawyers for Assistance
Taking an oath of US citizenship will be one of the most important moments of your life, so make sure you have the right legal foundation in place. Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. will be at your side throughout the process, so please contact our Warner Robins, GA office today. You can call 404-523-3611 or fill out an online contact form to schedule a consultation with a Georgia citizenship and naturalization attorney.