Warner Robins Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer
Whether you are motivated to travel to the US for personal, professional, education, or other reasons, you may be aware that a non-immigrant visa is necessary even when your visit is temporary in nature. Fortunately, there are many options available and officials are relatively generous in awarding them. The US Department of State reports that more than 8.9 million visas of various types are approved every year, out of a total of almost 12.3 million applications.
However, the flip side is that approximately 1 in 4 non-immigrant visas are denied, which could seriously disrupt your plans. Many suffer from common mistakes or omissions, making it critical to retain skilled legal help from the earliest stages of the process. Our team at Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. has extensive knowledge of the laws and regulations, so we are prepared for the challenges. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation with a Warner Robins non-immigrant visa lawyer today. You might also benefit from reviewing a summary of the relevant concepts.
Most Common Non-Immigrant Visa Types
The quality education and opportunities available in US institutions is what prompts many to seek the F-1 visa. The primary qualification for this student visa is being accepted by a school approved by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Additional non-immigrant visas may apply to your situation, such as:
- B Visas: Individuals can seek a B-1 visa to conduct business in the US for up to 1 year, while a B-2 visa is for tourists who want to spend time on a pleasure trip.
- Visa Waivers: If your trip to the US will not last more than 90 days, you may qualify for entry under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
- V Visas: Spouses of lawful permanent residents (LPRs) and unmarried children under age 21 may be eligible for a V-1 or V-2 visa.
- J Visas: Exchange visitors may need the J-1 visa when entering the US as part of an educational or cultural exchange program approved by USCIS.
Legal Process for Obtaining a Non-Immigration Visa
Based upon the above, you can see that an important first step in applying for a temporary visa is determining which type you need. Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. will consult with you to find the right fit for your situation and purposes. From there, our Georgia non-immigrant visa attorneys will assist with other essential tasks, including:
- Help with completing your visa application, the Form DS-160;
- Preparing all documentation in support of your visa application;
- Guiding you during the interview with embassy or consulate officials in your home country; and Assistance with extending a visa, changes in non-immigrant status, and ongoing compliance.
A Warner Robins Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer Will Advise You on Details
Basic information about the legal process is helpful, but it should also convince you that legal representation is crucial for immigration matters. To learn more about our legal services, please call Shirazi Immigration Law, Inc. at 404-523-3611 or contact us online. We can set up consultation with a Georgia non-immigrant visa attorney at our office in Warner Robins, GA.